Change of Local Address for International Students
United States (US) immigration regulations require international students and scholars to update their local addresses and permanent addresses within 10 days of any change. If you are an international student or scholar in F-1 or J-1 status and you move (or about to move) to a new address, you must notify GEO within 10 days.
How to Inform GEO of Your Address Change:
- Log-in to my.plattsburgh.edu.
- Look on the lower right-hand corner of the page for the box that says "Personal."
- Click "View/Update Addresses."
- Follow the instructions to update your address.
- This address change will be reported to GEO within one week of you changing your address.
If you have an urgent situation and please ensure that GEO has the proper address by emailing us. For example, if you are expecting important documents or information to be sent to a particular address, please be sure to notify us as soon as possible by email or telephone.
If you have questions or concerns about updating your address through my.plattsburgh.edu please do not hesitate to contact us. Please remember that this is requirement of the US government for all F-1 students, J-1 students and scholars.