Payroll Information for Faculty & Staff
NYS Payroll Online Service
The New York State Office of the State Comptroller (OSC) offers NYS Payroll Online. This service reduces the amount of paper generated from a biweekly payroll and offers additional services for you to utilize. This service is available to currently active employees.
This Service Allows You To:
- Opt out of receiving paper pay stubs/direct deposit advices
- View your paycheck (and print if needed)
- Update the address where W-2s or pay statements are sent
- Change your tax withholdings (default is set to single for new employees) and view/print the W4 and IT2104 (federal and state withholding allowance certificates)
- View and print current and prior year W-2s (year-end wage and tax statements)
Accessing This Service Is Easy
- Go to suny.edu/hrportal and login with your SUNY Plattsburgh User ID and password
- Click on the “NYS Payroll Online” icon, located in Self Service box (note the NYS ID in the top right corner of this page as you will need this information at a later step)
- Employees will be required to set up multifactor authorization to ensure the security of their personal information. There are four different ways to do this; the easiest method is to choose the “SMS Authentication” which sends a code to your cell phone for you to enter to access the system. The options and instructions can be found in the enrollment access manual.
- Complete and submit the initial verification process with the last 4 digits of your SSN and your NYS Employee ID number
- Click “FINISH” to continue to the NYS Payroll Online home page
Opt Out of Receiving a Paper Statement
Go Green with the opt-out feature!
- Select “Update Pay Statement” option and follow the instructions to opt out.
If you don’t already have direct deposit, forms are available at the link below to activate this feature:
If you had an approved direct deposit form on file but it was deactivated due to being off the payroll for more than three payroll periods, you can reactivate it by completing this form: