Payroll Information for Faculty and Staff
NYS Payroll Online Service
The New York State Office of the State Comptroller (OSC) offers NYS Payroll Online! This service reduces the amount of paper generated from a biweekly payroll and offers additional services for you to utilize.
This service allows you to:
- Opt out of receiving paper pay stubs/direct deposit advices
- View your paycheck (and print if needed)
- Change your tax withholdings (default is set to single/zero for new employees) and view/print the W4 and IT2104 (Federal and State Withholding Allowance Certificates)
- View and print current and prior year W-2s (Year-end Wage and Tax Statements)
Accessing this service is easy!
- Go to suny.edu/hrportal and log-in with your SUNY Plattsburgh user ID and password
- Click on the “NYS Payroll Online” icon, located in Self Service box (note the NYS ID in the top right corner of this page as you will need this in the next step)
- Complete and submit the initial verification process with the last 4 digits of your SSN and your NYS Employee ID number
- Click “FINISH” to continue to the NYS Payroll Online Home Page
To Opt out of receiving a paper statement:
- Select Update Pay Statement Option and follow the instructions to opt out.
If you elect to receive an actual check or paper pay stub, you will be required to present identification and sign for your pay check or pay advice.
- Pay checks will be available for pick up at Human Resource Services (Kehoe 912) during regular office hours. Checks not picked up will be held for 30 days and then returned to OSC.
- Pay advices (direct deposit statements) will be available for pick up in Human Resource Services (9`2 Kehoe) during regular office hours. Advices not picked up will be shredded.
Go Green with the new Opt-Out feature and avoid the hassle of signing for your check or advice!
If you don't already have Direct Deposit, forms are available here to activate this feature:
Questions can be directed to Human Resource Services (518-564-5062) or the Payroll Office (518-564-3113).