Employee Evaluation Procedures
Each academic employee (full- and part-time) is strongly urged to review the applicable Evaluation Schedule:
All evaluation files must contain a copy of the departmental elaboration. The elaboration form should be recorded on the Inventory Sheet and placed towards the front of the file behind the required forms. To locate a copy of your departmental elaborations, please follow the directions below or contact your department chair.
- Click on my.plattsburgh.edu
- Log in using your Plattsburgh Net ID username and password as you would to log onto a campus computer
- Click on the triangle for Google Drive
- On the left side go to Shared with me
- Double click on the Academic Affairs Community Site file
- Double click Departmental Elaborations file
- Double click Current Elaborations
- Look for your department’s elaboration
Cycle A: Full-time academic employees with initial one-year contracts in the first year of service — begins on Tuesday, January 28, 2020.
Cycle B: Full-time academic employees with initial two-year contracts in the second year of service or employees with consecutive one-year contracts in the second year of service (second reappointment) — begins on Tuesday, August 27, 2019.
Cycle C: Reappointment for full-time employees with two or more years service, continuing appointment, and promotion below the rank of Professor/Librarian — begins on Tuesday, January 28, 2020.
Cycle D: Promotion to Professor or Librarian — begins on Tuesday, August 27, 2019.
Cycle E: Part-time employees who only teach in fall semesters — begins on Tuesday, August 27, 2019.
Cycle F: Part-time employees who only teach in spring semester or who teach both fall and spring semesters — begins Tuesday, January 28, 2020.
Part-time adjuncts — please note again there are two evaluation cycles: fall (Cycle E) for those adjuncts who normally only teach during the fall semester, and spring (Cycle F) for those who teach fall and spring semesters or teach only during the spring semester. All adjuncts holding a term appointment are required to be evaluated every other year. All adjuncts holding a temporary appointment are evaluated every year.
Academic Employee Performance Evaluation Forms
- Academic Employees’ Performance Evaluation Policies and Procedures (2005 agreement, complete instruction package) (5.3MB PDF)
- Download only the forms you need:
- Inventory Sheet (92kB PDF)
- Record of Access to File (86kB PDF)
- Transmittal Form (201kB PDF)
- Part-Time Academic Employee Evaluation Information Sheet (90kB PDF)