CAS proudly provides a number of critical services to serve you.
With a ‘students-first’ mentality, we work together to provide the campus community with the following services and initiatives:
- Shuttle Service
CAS proudly partners with the Student Association to provide safe transportation around the City of Plattsburgh.
Summer Shuttle Service:
Tuesday and Friday from 5:30 p.m. until 8:30 p.m.
Shuttle Service Information:
- The SA shuttle operates on a fixed route making four stops in the community. It departs the Angell College Center every 30 minutes, based upon the schedule below.
- For safety and efficiency reasons, the SA shuttle will not make any additional stops on or off campus, so please plan accordingly.
- Departure time is approximate due to traffic and weather conditions so please arrive early.
- Only SA members with a SUNY Plattsburgh ID may ride the shuttle.
- Be prepared to present ID card if requested by shuttle driver.
Academic Year Schedule
During the fall and spring semesters, the shuttle operates on the following schedule:
- Sunday through Thursday: 11 a.m. – 9 p.m.
- Friday and Saturday: 11 a.m. – 11:30 p.m.
Shuttle Base: Angell College Center. Arrives/departs on the hour and 30 minutes after the hour.
- Stop 1: Wal-Mart (market side) — Arrives/departs 5 and 35 minutes after the hour.
- Stop 2: Champlain Center Mall, Target — Arrives/departs 12 and 42 minutes after the hour.
- Stop 3: Price Chopper now known as MARKET 32 (EXIT side of building) — Arrives/departs 17 and 47 minutes after the hour.
- Stop 4: Family Dollar (Cornelia Street next to Starbucks) — Arrives/departs 22 and 52 minutes after the hour.
The shuttle is a service provided by the Student Association and operated by College Auxiliary Services.For more information concerning shuttle service please call the Student Association office at 518-564-3200.
- Break Buses
Need to get home quickly and easily? CAS provides break buses for fall, Thanksgiving, winter and spring breaks.
Purchase an affordable ticket through University Tickets when they go on sale to reserve your spot. Buses leave from the ACC and arrive at several destinations — The Bronx, Brooklyn, Newburgh, Manhattan, Garden City and Huntington.
Information about tickets, departure times and dates are advertised to all students a few weeks before they go on sale.
Questions? Email [email protected].
CAS provides laundry services to on-campus students through our partnership with CSC Service Works. The usage of the washers and dryers in each residence hall are built in to your room and board fees — so no quarters are necessary!
You can download the CSC Go app to keep track of which machines are available in your residence hall and when your laundry is done. The app also offers helpful laundry tips and how-tos.
If you see a machine is out of service, tell your CA or CD as soon as possible. Or, report the issue through the app. We will get the machine back online as soon as we can.
Email us with any questions or concerns at [email protected]
- Program Grants
CAS program grants are designed to promote programs and activities that enhance the cultural and educational life of the members of our SUNY Plattsburgh community. We offer grants in four distinct areas:
- Speaker presentation
How to Submit an Application:
- Download the program grant application
- Submit to the Center for Student Involvement office in the Angell College Center prior to the deadline dates listed on the application form.
- Applications must be submitted prior to the event being held.
- The Program Grant Committee will review applications and notify recipients via email.
- Travel Grants
Student travel grants can provide financial assistance to you when you are invited to present or to perform at regional, state, national or international gatherings. To be eligible, you must be sponsored by a SUNY Plattsburgh faculty member. Funds are to be used for traveling to meetings or events at which you have an official and participatory role. Funds are not to be used for expenses where financial assistance is available from other sources.
How to Submit an Application:
- Download the travel grant application
- Submit your completed application to the Center for Student Involvement office in the Angell College Center prior to the deadline dates listed on the form.
- The Travel Grant Committee will review applications and notify recipients via email.
Please note, unfortunately applications regarding Study Abroad/Away do not meet the criteria and will not be considered.
- Agency Account Administration
Need to open an account? CAS can help! We are authorized to receive, hold, and disburse funds on behalf of students, faculty, staff members, or appropriately recognized organizations.
How to Open an Account:
- Discuss with the vice president for administration and finance about whether an agency account is appropriate for your needs.
- Review the Fiscal Agent Agreement and enter name of account owner or department/organization in the space provided, sign and date at the bottom.
- Complete the Agency Account Application.
- Submit completed Fiscal Agent Agreement and Agency Account Application to the office of the vice president for administration and finance for review and approval.
- Approved applications will be sent to the CAS office for final approval by the CAS controller and an account number will be assigned.
- Once an account number is assigned, new account holders will be educated on the related policies and procedures by CAS staff.
- Student Payroll
Student CAS payroll checks can be picked up at the UFirst Federal Credit Union (FCU) branch office located in the Angell College Center next to Campus Express.
Please bring photo ID to pick up your check. Students are not required to have an account to cash CAS payroll checks, however check cashing fees are waived for account holders.
- Tabling at Clinton Dining Hall
Tabling is a great way to get your message out to the campus community! If you are a student organization, faculty or administrative office, you can apply for table space directly outside of the College Auxiliary Services office in Clinton Dining Hall.
To apply, please email [email protected] with the details of your request.
CAS is happy to partner with Pepsi and Valley Vending to bring quality vending options to campus. Each residence hall and nearly every academic building on campus houses vending options for you. Machines accept Cardinal Cash, cash and card.
To report an issue with a machine, please follow the directions on the machine or call CAS with the machine number.
Need a refund? No worries. Please contact the person below for the building where you experienced the issue: