Spring Open House
Our Spring Open House Program is a great way for prospective students and their families to meet with program faculty, learn more about campus services such as admissions, student financial aid, housing, dining and much more!
Saturday, April 4 and Saturday, April 25
Spend the Weekend With Us
Overview of Spring Open House
Join us for a Spring Open House and experience:
- An admissions presentation with a live student panel highlighting academics, campus life, and the admissions process.
- Academic breakout sessions with faculty and students for specific program areas.
- An informational fair with representatives from all academic departments, key student service areas, and various clubs and organizations.
- A campus tour showcasing classrooms, dining facilities, a residence hall and more!
- Separate residence hall tours showing all types of room options.
Schedule of Events
Saturday, April 4 & 25th
Time Event 9:30 to 10 a.m.
Registration. Location: Giltz Auditorium, Hawkins Hall.
10 to 10:45 a.m.
Opening Presentation and Student Panel. Location: Giltz Auditorium, Hawkins Hall.
Learn what you can accomplish at SUNY Plattsburgh through our wide range of challenging academic programs and active campus life. A panel of currently enrolled students will share their SUNY Plattsburgh experiences and answer questions.
11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Academic, Student Services, and Involvement Fair. Location: 2nd floor, Angell College Center.
An opportunity to speak with representatives from all academic areas, student services offices, and various clubs and organizations in a fair setting.
11 a.m. to Noon
Academic Information Sessions for Specific Majors
Departing from Hawkins Hall.
Currently enrolled students will lead groups of visitors to break out sessions led by faculty from the academic program area. The sessions will take place in various academic buildings on campus and include tours of featured facilities.
Note: Visitors who attend the academic information sessions will be guided to the Angell College Center at the conclusion of the session in order to participate in the fair.
11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Campus Tours (optional)
Departing from the Angell College Center, Flynt Commons on a rotating basis starting at 11:30 a.m. Last tour will depart at 1 p.m.
Visitors are taken on a guided tour of the campus, which includes stops at academic buildings, dining facilities, the fitness center, the library, a freshmen residence hall, and the Angell College Center.
11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Viewing of Residence Halls (optional)
Departing from the Angell College Center, 1st Floor.
Visitors will have the option to view all available types of housing, from low rise to suite-style.
Academic Breakout Sessions Offered
Currently enrolled students will lead groups of visitors to breakout sessions to be held in various academic buildings. The information sessions will be led by faculty from the academic program area and may include tours of featured facilities.
Information sessions will be offered in the following program areas:
- Biology, Chemistry
- Childhood Education
- Computer Science, Information Technology, Physics
- Criminal Justice
- Earth and Environmental Science
- Journalism & Public Relations
- School of Business & Economics
While You're Here…
Explore all that Plattsburgh and the surrounding region has to offer.
- Uptown: Pop into Champlain Centre Mall for stores like Target, Hollister, and American Eagle. Visit Consumer Square and shop at TJ Maxx, Homegoods, and Ulta with a stop for lunch at Chipotle or Buffalo Wild Wings. Uptown also boasts big hotel chains — all within a mile of Campus!
- Downtown: Gear up your taste buds for Greek, Himalayan, Japanese, Italian, and mac-and-cheese ‘with a twist’ from our hometown restaurants. Enjoy quirky shops, a food co-op, live bands, farmer’s markets, and dance the night away at 18+ clubs — all within walking distance of Campus.
- Within An Hour's Drive: Visit Montreal, Quebec for concerts, NHL games, and festivals. Take the ferry to Burlington, VT for Church Street Marketplace — an open air mall with 100+ places to shop and dine. Head over to Lake Placid and tour the two-time site of the Winter Olympics!
- Outdoor Oasis: Enjoy paddle sports, a sand beach, and walking trails along Lake Champlain. Hike all 46 Adirondack high peaks or tube down the Saranac River, which runs directly behind our residence halls. Purchase a reduced ski/snowboard triple pass to Whiteface, Gore and Belleayre.