Individuals are encouraged to become familiar with all guidelines for parking on campus.
Common Parking Questions
- When does University Police stop ticketing?
- I cannot find parking close to my destination.
- My parking tag was lost or stolen. What do I do?
- I got a ticket. Now what?
- My invited guest got a ticket. What should I do?
- Can you get rid of my ticket?
- Where do I pay my parking fine?
- This ticket on my car is not for my car.
- My account reflects a parking fine I never received.
- Where can I park?
Parking safety on campus is everyone’s responsibility. Awareness is the key to improving common parking issues:
- The City of Plattsburgh prohibits parking or stopping vehicles in bike lanes and crosswalks along city streets (such as Rugar St.)
- The college prohibits parking or stopping vehicles on campus roadways such as Tower Way, Kehoe Roadway; and in restricted parking areas not defined by two parking lines such as behind the Field House, Hawkins Pond, podium and in front of dumpsters
- For the safety of disabled individuals, the college restricts parking in reserved spaces and access areas to qualifying individuals in the Special Parking Privileges for Qualifying Individuals.
- Bus stops are restricted to stopping only to transport people when the driver remains with the vehicle.
- Loading zones are for loading/unloading goods for the designated terms (undesignated zones are limited to 15 minutes) with flashers on.