When parking on campus, SUNY Plattsburgh requires all vehicles to legally park and display a parking tag as proof of registration with University Police.
Get answers to your most common parking questions and access in-depth information about Vehicle Registration and Hangtags and Parking Lots and Restrictions, as well as Violations, Fines and Appeals in the event you receive a ticket.
- Where do I park to move into my dorm?
- Will I get a ticket for not having a parking tag when I arrive on campus?
- How do I know my parking tag is assigned and ready to pick up?
- Where do I claim my parking tag?
- Where do I hang my parking tag?
- When does University Police stop ticketing?
- Can I park closer to my destination?
- My parking tag was lost or stolen. What do I do?
- I got a ticket. Now what?
- My invited guest got a ticket. What should I do?
- Can you get rid of my ticket?
- Where do I pay my parking fine?
- This ticket on my car is not for my car.
- My account reflects a parking fine I never received.
- Where can I park?
- I don't have a car this semester. How do I remove the parking fees from my tuition bill?
Parking safety on campus is everyone’s responsibility. Awareness is the key to improving common parking issues:
- The City of Plattsburgh prohibits parking or stopping vehicles in bike lanes and crosswalks along city streets (such as Rugar St.)
- The college prohibits parking or stopping vehicles on campus roadways such as Tower Way, Kehoe Roadway; and in restricted parking areas not defined by two parking lines such as behind the Field House, Hawkins Pond, podium and in front of dumpsters
- For the safety of disabled individuals, the college restricts parking in reserved spaces and access areas to qualifying individuals in the Special Parking Privileges for Qualifying Individuals.
- Bus stops are restricted to stopping only to transport people when the driver remains with the vehicle.
- Loading zones are for loading/unloading goods for the designated terms (undesignated zones are limited to 15 minutes) with flashers on.