Information for Current Members
Fraternal Standards Manual
This publication is produced by Fraternity/Sorority Life to communicate the rules, regulations, and expectations of fraternities and sororities. All fraternity/sorority members are responsible for knowing and abiding by these standards. In addition, all clubs and organizations, including fraternities and sororities are responsible for knowing and abiding by the policies in the SUNY Plattsburgh Club and Organization Conduct Manual, available in the Office of Student Conduct.
- Download the Fraternal Standards Manual (PDF file size is 397kb)
Recruitment & New Member Education Process
SUNY Plattsburgh allows fraternities and sororities to recruit new members continuously each semester. Organizations may take as many new member classes as they want each year, as long as they abide by the recruitment and new member education policies as listed in the Fraternal Standards Manual. In order to maintain accurate membership files, each organization is required to submit the following forms during the recruitment and new member education process.
- Recruitment Eligibility Verification Form - Submit at least one week prior to offering bids (PDF file size is 52kb)
- Membership Acceptance Form - Submit within 72 hours after accepting bid (PDF file size is 12kb)
- First Semester/Transfer Student Application Form - Submit at least one week prior to offering bid (PDF file size is 17kb)
- Record of New Initiates - Submit 72 hours before initiation
Honor Society Applications