New Student Orientation
Spring 2019 Opening Weekend Information
New Students who are living in a Campus Residence Hall, can check-in at the Housing and Residence Life Office, beginning at 11 a.m. on Saturday, Jan. 26, 2019 to gain access to their Residence Hall Room. The office is located on the 9th floor of Banks Hall, and is open Saturday, Jan. 26, and Sunday, Jan. 27 2019 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Returning Students are welcome to move into their Residence Hall rooms beginning Saturday, Jan, 26, 2019 at 11 a.m. There is no need for returning students to check in with the Housing Office.
Your Journey Begins Here
Congratulations on your decision to attend SUNY Plattsburgh! We are excited to welcome you and we know that you and your family probably have many questions about your transition to college life here. At Orientation you will:
- Have fun!
- Meet new friends
- Meet key faculty and staff members
- Register early for classes
- Stay on campus
- Find answers to your many questions
- Gain the insight needed for a smooth transition at SUNY Plattsburgh
What Should You Bring to Orientation?
- Students will need to bring their own sheets, towels & pillow. Most bring a sleeping bag.
- Sneakers or athletic shoes will be helpful to have for student activities and walking around campus.
- Personal items/toiletries
- Comfortable clothing and footwear
- Umbrella, fan, raincoat and a light jacket or sweatshirt.
- Advanced Placement verification (if you have earned AP credit)
- Transcript of college coursework (if applicable)
"Superb! You can tell everyone in the group was committed to bringing a good message to us and our kids."
The Family Orientation Program
Your family is welcome and encouraged to join you for your Orientation Session. We can guarantee that we will keep them busy, informed, and entertained with a program we have designed just for them! The schedules and more information are detailed on the Freshman and Transfer Orientation program pages. In participating in the Family Program, your family members will:
- Develop a comfort level with SUNY Plattsburgh.
- Learn about the topics and concerns that family members have told us are most important to them.
- Learn how to be a valuable and supportive resource for you as you progress as a student at SUNY Plattsburgh.
"I expected less but was pleasantly surprised with the investment made by all in this program."
- Directions to New Student Orientation
- Public Transportation to New Student Orientation
- Family Weekend Information