Visit Plattsburgh State Art Museum
The museum maintains extensive individualized educational programs for college classes, internships and area schools, K–12. Special gallery talks and tours by appointment for local and visiting groups on both the permanent collection and changing exhibitions.
There is no admission charge. Plattsburgh State Art Museum is free and open to the public.
Visitor Parking on Campus
Visitor parking lots are located in front of Kehoe Administration and Yokum Hall. Parking in front of the Myers Fine Arts Building is restricted to faculty, staff, and students from Monday–Friday from 6 a.m. to 5 p.m. After 5 p.m. on weekdays and anytime on weekends, museum visitors may use any of the parking areas on campus.
Not sure how to find your way around campus? Get directions to the museum.
Download and print out this hi-resolution Walking Map of the SUNY Plattsburgh Campus (PDF file size 937KB) to help you find your way around campus.
The Plattsburgh State Art Museum welcomes all visitors. In addition to meeting the standards of physical accessibility, the museum also offers events and programs to accommodate all audiences.
The Docent Program
The Museum Docent Organization is a group of volunteers who maintain the museum desks and gift shop, host tours, research, publish, travel and assist the staff with clerical needs related to the function of the museum.
The Docent Program is exceptionally valuable to the museum. All are welcome to join. The number of docents averages around 40. A fifteen-week training program is given to all docents as well as other educational development activities which are conducted during the year.
Friends of Art Annual Giving
As a Friend of Art you will become involved in the leading cultural institution serving citizens from Montreal to Albany. Your contributions will be used to promote the museum’s art to our community, and preserve our unique collection. You will receive invitations to all museum events including: lectures, opening receptions, Friends of Art luncheons, artist’s studio visits and art related trips
Become a Member
- Download the membership form (37kB PDF) and send the completed form with your contribution to:
Plattsburgh State Art Museum, Friends of Art
235 Myers Fine Arts
101 Broad St.
Plattsburgh, NY 12901 or
- Give online a Plattsburgh College Foundation. Under “Gift Information, I designate my gift towards:“ (type in) Friends of Art
- Dr. George W. Angell Society ($25,000+ )
- Dr. George K. Hawkins Society ($10,000 – $24,999)
- Sally Kent Society ($5,000 – $9,999)
- Dr. Edward E. Redcay Society ($2,500 – $4,999)
- E. Glenn Giltz Society ($1,000 – $2,499)
- President’s Club ($500.00 – $999.00 annual contribution)
- Plattsburgh Club ($250.00 – $499.00 annual contribution)
- ($100.00 – $249.00 annual contribution)
- ($50.00 – $99.00 annual contribution)