Jump to Footer

Bill Payment, Refunds and Payment Plans

Many students pay their semester bill with financial aid, a payment plan or both.

Students who have a refund can receive it in one of two ways: by creating a BankMobile Vibe account through our refund servicer or by using an existing bank account from home. The information below explains in more detail how to pay your bill, how to choose your refund preference, and how to create a proxy account so one or more parents can access your account activity and make a payment on your behalf.


Families and students participate in semester payment plans.

Bill Payment Plans Available

Option A allows 2 payments a semester. Option B allows 4 payments a semester.

Return of Federal Financial Aid

If a student withdraws from college, federal law legally obligates SUNY Plattsburgh to return any unearned financial aid from Title IV programs.

Return of Federal Financial Aid (PDF)

Return of Military Tuition Assistance

SUNY Plattsburgh returns any unearned tuition assistance funds to the military service branch on a pro-rated basis for service members who withdraw from a course prior to 60% of the course length.

Download Return of Military Tuition Assistance (PDF)

I have been very impressed all along with the professionalism and responsiveness from all your staff in the Student Accounts Office. It is clear that the staff at SUNY Plattsburgh puts students and family first.

Proxy Accounts for Parents

In order to allow students to directly grant and revoke permissions for others to view information on their records, pay bills, or even to speak with Financial Aid or Student Accounts, we have upgraded our system to allow for proxies.

What Is a Proxy?

A proxy is somebody who has been assigned by the student to view information for a set period of time the student decides is relevant. Many students elect to create a proxy account for their parents. Likewise, the student can revoke or update these permissions at any time.

It is a student's responsibility to create and maintain proxy accounts by logging in to https://banner.plattsburgh.edu/pls/prod/bwgkprxy.P_ManageProxy (Net ID required)

Parents will receive an email (at the address students provides) with further information.

You can also download Proxy Instructions (PDF)

Back to top