Campus Print Management Procedures
New Printer Queues
As of September 11, 2023, Toshiba will deliver devices to replace most of the remaining Konica Devices. An ITS team member will visit these sites to discuss any changes with impacted parties.
Three new queues available in all campus computers service our new HP and Toshiba multi-functions devices. These queues are:
- SUNY Print B&W: Our default queue for all basic black and white jobs with features up to stapling
- SUNY Print B&W Advanced: Our more advanced queue for black and white jobs which features all the finishing options — only releases to Toshiba devices
- SUNY Print Color: Our color queue which also has all finishing options available — only releases to Toshiba devices
NOTE: If you are printing to Konica Minolta devices you can continue to use the older copier queues as before.
Toner, Waste Toner & Staples
Under the new SUNY print plan, toner is automatically sent before it runs out. There is no need to order toner in advance, or stock up on supplies. Staples can be requested through the Helpdesk for all devices.
Waste toner can be ordered via the number on the Toshiba Label of the copier or by the web portal explained below.
- Waste toner is not automatically replenished. Please submit a request for waste toner in the PageSmart Portal.
- When the device is completely out of toner or waste toner cartridge, replace with the new toner or waste toner cartridge.
- Not all devices are capable of reporting accurate device data for auto replenishment purposes. These exception devices will require a manual ordering process on the PageSmart Portal.