SUNY Plattsburgh at Queensbury Faculty and Staff
Dr. Stephen Danna, Dean
Dr. Stephen Danna is Dean of the SUNY Plattsburgh at Queensbury Branch Campus. He has more than 20 years experience in teaching and administration, and prior to that, worked with the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration and U.S. Naval Oceanographic Office as an oceanographer. A middle school guest lecture to a group of students in Bay St. Louis, MS. led him to discover a hidden passion for education. A year later, he was teaching physics and chemistry to high school students in Glens Falls, N.Y.
A native of Long Island, Dr. Danna earned his Bachelor’s Degree in Biology in 1980 at Maryville College, Maryville, TN., and his Master’s in Oceanography in 1982 from Old Dominion University, Norfolk, VA. He earned a Certificate of Advanced Study in Educational Administration from SUNY Plattsburgh in 1997 and another CAS in Brain Research in Education in 2006 from the University of Washington. Dr. Danna received his Ed.D. in Education Leadership in 2011 from Sage Graduate School, Albany.
Dr. Danna facilitated the North Country Support Group for teachers pursuing National Board certification, and was a member of the New York State Education Department’s Professional Standards and Practices in Teaching Board. Dr. Danna has received teaching fellowships from Princeton University, University of Wisconsin-Madison, and Drew University, and was honored in 1997 with the National Science Teachers Association’s Exemplary High School Science Teaching Award. He has published papers with the National Staff Development Council, National Science Teachers Association, and Phi Delta Kappan.
Phone: 518-792-5425, ext. 103
Email: [email protected]
- Ms. Michelle Howland, Assistant to the Dean
- Miss Emmaliese Bartscherer, Academic Advisor
- Dr. Mark Beaulieu, Criminal Justice Coordinator
- Dr. Jill Borgos, Nursing Coordinator
- Dr. Jennifer Bremser, Assistant Professor, Psychology
- Dr. Jeremy Grabbe, Psychology Coordinator
- Dr. Kathy Grant, MST Coordinator
- Dr. Kevin O'Neill, Business Administration Coordinator
- Dr. Eddie Sturman, Psychology Coordinator
- Dr. Kerri Zappala-Piemme, CAS Coordinator
- Michelle DeMarco, Secretary II
- Ms. Bonni Garvey, Office Assistant 1