Frequently Asked Questions About the Conduct Process
Is this process confidential?
Answer: With the exceptions noted in the Student Conduct Manual, as per the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act of 1974, information from a student’s conduct file will not be made available to anyone other than the student without that student's written consent.
- Are my parents or guardians notified of any charges against me?
- If I have already been convicted by the police, why does a case need to be adjudicated by the school as well?
- Who will be deciding my case?
- Can I bring a lawyer or witnesses to the hearing?
- Does the conduct process cost me any money?
- If I am placed on disciplinary probation, will that affect my academic status?
- Can any case in or out of school affect my financial aid?
- What will happen if I do not complete the required sanction given to me?