Cellular Telephone Program Policy
Outlines the campus' cellular telephone program to those that meet the basic eligibility criteria.
|Policy Number||Policy Owner|
|3000.2.P||Information Technology Services|
- 1.0 Purpose
- 2.0 Revision History
- 3.0 Units and Persons Affected
- 4.0 Policy
SUNY Plattsburgh’s cellular telephone program is designed to assist departments in delivering critical services. To participate in the cellular telephone program departments must meet the basic eligibility criteria:
- Cell phone use is required for critical day-to-day business decisions;
- Cell phone use is required to maintain critical or core services/programs;
- No other communication solutions (e.g., two-way radios or pagers) are sufficient to fulfilling job requirements.
- Departments must have funding within their accounts (funding source may be state or IFR accounts, although IFR is preferred) to pay for the contracted cellular service and,
- Individual cell phone users must be a SUNY Plattsburgh or Research Foundation employee.
- 5.0 Definitions
- 6.0 Responsibilities
- 7.0 Procedures
- 8.0 Forms
- 9.0 Appendix
- 10.0 Distribution and Training
For additional information about this policy, please contact the Policy Owner listed above.