International Transfer Admissions
Are you attending college now or have you attended college in the past? You might be an international transfer student applicant. Read more to find out.
Transfer Admission Requirements
Any international applicant who has completed academic studies at another college or university may be considered for transfer admission to SUNY Plattsburgh. The minimum standards for admission as a transfer student are:
- Completion of at least one year of full-time study
- Academic achievement equivalent to 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
Students with less than one year of full-time, post-secondary study will be considered for admission based on a review of both their college/university transcript(s), as well as secondary school records.
How to Apply
Applicants for international student transfer admission should complete the standard application for international admission for all international students and follow the steps to apply. In addition, international transfer applicants from within the United States need to upload the following documents as part of their application materials in the applicant portal:
- Copy of your I-94 and current I-20
- Copy of your passport photo page and visa page
- F-1 Student Sevis Record Transfer Form to be completed by the immigration advisor at your current school.