Information for Accepted Students
You’re Accepted! — What’s Next?
- Pay Your Deposit
After you are accepted, you have until the deadline date indicated in your acceptance letter to pay your $250 deposit.
Deposits are waived for students accepted to the Educational Opportunity Program (EOP). Contact the admissions office to request your deposit waiver if you were accepted to EOP.
- Apply for Financial Aid
To apply for federal, state and some institutional aid programs (including work-study), complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), TAP application (NYS residents) and Excelsior Scholarship application (NYS residents).
- Complete Your Housing Form (Main Campus Students Only)
Housing placements are completed on a first-come, first-served basis, so you should pay your admissions deposit and submit the housing application as soon as possible.
For fall enrolling students, the housing application can be accessed starting February 1 (November 1 for spring enrolling students).
Upper-level transfer students and local students can petition to live off-campus. These students are required to pay the $250 deposit and submit the housing exemption request (exemption eligibility requirements must be approved). Accepted EOP students can request a deposit waiver by contacting the admissions office. Contact campus housing and community living at [email protected] if any questions arise.
- Submit Your Immunization Records & Health Forms
These documents are required by NYS to attend college at SUNY Plattsburgh.
Contact your high school or primary care doctor as soon as possible to request that your immunization records be sent to the Student Health and Counseling Center after paying your deposit. You will also need to submit a Student Health Record and a Meningitis Response Form after paying your deposit.
Immunization records and health forms are due by July 15 (for fall enrolling students) or by January 15 (for spring enrolling students).
- Receive Advisement & Register for Courses
First-Year & Transfer Students for Spring 2024
- New first-year students for the spring semester will be contacted by the academic advising office beginning in December to discuss course selection and registration that align with your responses to the First Year Interest Questionnaire.
- Transfer students will need to contact the chairperson of their academic department to receive course advising and to obtain a registration PIN code. Advising for new transfers begins on Wednesday, Nov. 15, 2023. Online registration for new transfers with PIN code begins on Monday, Nov. 27 at 10 a.m.
Main Campus Readmits for Winter & Spring 2024
- Students readmitted to the college should contact the department chair of their major to receive course advising and to obtain a registration PIN code. Online registration for readmitted students with PIN code begins Oct. 30 at 8 a.m.
First-Year, Transfer & Readmit Students for Summer & Fall 2024
- Instructions will be posted in November 2023
To register for classes, online students will need to contact the program coordinator or facilitator of their academic department to register for courses.
- If you are an RN-to-B.S. nursing student, please contact Sarah Charles, RN-to-B.S. advisor at [email protected]
- If you are an online accounting student, please contact Ms. Amelia Lushia, academic coordinator at [email protected]
- If you are an online business administration student, please contact Dr. Kwangseek Choe, department chair at [email protected]
- If you are an online global supply chain management student, please contact Dr. Kwangseek Choe, department chair at [email protected]
- If you are an online social work student, please contact Dr. Julie Richards, department chair at [email protected]
Branch Campus (Queensbury)
- New students enrolling at SUNY Plattsburgh’s Queensbury Branch Campus will be advised to complete a distinct, virtual orientation. Students accepted to the Queensbury campus should monitor their Plattsburgh email for steps to get started on orientation and can email [email protected] or call 518-792-5425 with any questions.
- Pay Your Tuition Bill
Student Financial Services will send payment instructions to your SUNY Plattsburgh email account (mid-July for fall and late November for spring). Your bill can be accessed online in your MyPlattsburgh account.
Students can opt to set up a proxy account for a person designated to view personal college information for a set period of time.
- Send Your Transcripts
All new students must send final official transcripts showing all high school and/or college coursework completed prior to enrollment. If you are a first-year student who has earned credit through a specific college, you must also request that an official transcript be sent directly from that college to the admissions office to receive credit.
If you earned college credit through examination via an AP, IB or CLEP exam, you must submit an official score report from the appropriate testing agency to have your credit considered for transfer credit review. Send official score reports to the admissions office.