FAQs about Study Abroad & Exchange Programs
We answer your most pressing study abroad questions here. Please don't hesitate to reach out with any other questions or concerns. Our office is here to help.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: Does financial aid apply when I study abroad?
- Q: Are there any scholarships?
- Q: Can I work overseas?
- Q: Does SUNY Plattsburgh send passport and visa forms?
- Q: What happens if I get sick when I’m away from home?
- Q: Will I be able to fill my prescriptions overseas?
- Q: What happens when I arrive in a foreign country?
- Q: How do I register for classes overseas?
- Q: Will I be able to travel on my holidays?
- Q: Can I take any classes that I want to take when I am in a study abroad program?
- Q: What is “catering” of meals?
- Q: What does it mean if a room is “en-suite ?”
- Q: How do I know when the semesters begin and end in Australia if their seasons are the opposite of ours?
- Q: Can I bring my cell phone?
- Q: Are there restrictions on what I can bring back to the United States?
- Q: What is the best way to handle my money while I am overseas?
- Q: Can I use a credit card in another country?
- Q: Can I vote when I am overseas?