Supply Chain Management & International Business Department
Combined with a strong liberal arts foundation, our programs introduce you to the areas of accounting, economics, entrepreneurship, finance, international business, management and marketing along with networking opportunities and real-world experience through internships.
Our supply chain management programs focus on ways to analyze and improve business processes throughout the supply chain so that an organization runs better (faster and using fewer costs while maintaining a specific degree of quality). Industry expects graduates from supply chain programs to have:
- Good analytical skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to think system wide
Therefore, the supply chain program is designed to do just that!
The international business programs at SUNY Plattsburgh are unique in that they offer you the opportunity to develop a broad understanding and perspective of the best principles and practices within the 21st century world of business. You will experience the freedom to use the principles and practices that you have discovered in all the business areas and apply it to your future business careers and aspirations.
National and International Student Organizations
National & International Professional Associations
- AACSB, The Association to Advance Collegiate School of Business — The SUNY Plattsburgh School of Business and Economics is accredited by AACSB, the Association to Advance Collegiate School of Business. On this site you will find the "BIZ ED" publication, which contains a resource of information about the business world and accredited graduate programs.
- American Management Association (AMA) International — American Management Association, a global not-for-profit, membership-based association, provides a full range of management development and educational services to individuals, companies and government agencies throughout the world.
- Cable News Network (CNN) International — Get business updates the U.S., Europe, Asia, and more. CNN’s business sites offer a comprehensive summary of the latest news and business developments from around the world.
- Production and Operations Management Society (POMS) — An international society to extend and integrate knowledge pertaining to production and operations management.
- Society for the Advancement of Management (SAM) — Society for the Advancement of Management, a non-profit organization built and run by volunteers’ focuses on general management skills. The colleagues and disciples of Frederick Taylor, known as the Father of Scientific Management, founded SAM in 1912.
- Administrative Sciences Association of Canada (ASAC) — The professional society for those interested in research, teaching, and practice of management, marketing, accounting, economics, and international business in Canada.
- Academy of International Business (AIB) Resources — This site, maintained by the Academy of International Business, features links to chapter sites, member resources, graduate program information, and research & reference information.
- Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS) — A 12,000-member society representing professionals in the fields of Operations Research and the Management Sciences.