Payroll services is responsible for assisting employees and departments with processing payroll information. We currently pay over 1000 employees and 800 students biweekly. Payroll also handles the following functions:
- Process all payments and deductions from paychecks
- Administer Time and Attendance for both Classified and Unclassified Employees
- Apply Federal and State Regulations
- Process Direct Deposit requests
The following forms are required before you may start working. To make the process more convenient for employees, the following forms are available for you to print, complete and return:
- Federal Tax Form (W-4) - submit to Payroll.
- State Tax Form (IT-2104) or State Exempt Form (IT-2104-E) - submit one or the other to Payroll.
- Employment Verification Form (I-9) - May be filled out in advance, but must be presented with original documentation when submitting to the appropriate office. Students submit to Payroll; State employees submit to Human Resource Services.
- Direct Deposit Form (optional) - Attach a copy of a voided check or stop to your bank to have it completed before submitting to Payroll.
- Student Appointment Form - Printed from MyPlattsburgh account and submitted to Payroll.
- Retirement Application - Students, see Payroll; State employees see Human Resource Services.
- Retirement Declination - Students, see Payroll; State employees see Human Resource Services.
Note: These documents require Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you have problems viewing the documents, we suggest that you install the most recent version of Acrobat Reader, which is available as a free download.