We manage work orders using our online work management system, ReADY Request
What Requires a Work Order
Work orders are for requesting preventative maintenance and repair in our buildings and grounds.
These types of requests include:
- Moving requests
- Resealing, resurfacing or relining parking areas
- Power and lighting
- Door, lock and key
Please be aware that if your work order request is of an urgent nature (i.e., major leaks, threats to personal safety, major electrical issues, major plumbing issues) please call 518-564-5044 during regular business hours (7 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. M–F) or 518-564-5030 after hours or on the weekends/holidays.
How to Submit a Work Order
Work orders are submitted using ReADY Request. This online integrated Work Management System is user-friendly and will improve work order communication across our campus. Not only will you be able to request a work order quickly, you will be able to monitor and communicate with technicians throughout the process. ReADY Request can be accessed by logging in to MyPlattsburgh or the link below.
Using ReADY Request
When submitting a work order, be prepared to provide all relevant information related to the job, issue, etc. Please view the how-to guide below for instructions on how to use ReADY Request.
Work Orders: How to Submit & Monitor Work Orders Using ReADY Request
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I log in to ReADY Request?
- What do I do when I cannot find the category for my work order?
- Why are there duplicates of my building?
- I cannot find my room or location in the drop down box.
- Why am I only able to see the roof as a location for my building?
- When do I need to submit a work order?
- How can I check the progress of my work order?
- How long will it take for my work order to be completed?
- What information should I provide in the work order?
- Will I receive a notification when the work order is completed?
- Will I receive a notification if the work order cannot be completed?
- Do I submit a work order for a campus project?
- When do I submit a moving request?
- What types of events would need a moving request?
- How long does it take to process a moving request?
- What items require a moving request?
- Do I need a moving request to relocate my desktop workstation?
- What would prevent my moving request from being completed?
- I need a filing cabinet moved? Does it have to be empty?