Our campus provides our employees a robust training program that ensures compliance with federal and state requirements but also gives our employees the tools to be successful in their job.
Please be advised that Thomson Reuters, the company that owns WeComply, has made the decision to terminate the software, effective December 31, 2019. Our campus is in the process of migrating to Compliance Learning and will keep the campus community updated.
Please be advised that individual access to course completion records will no longer be available after December 31, 2019. We encourage those who wish to have copies of their completion certificates or other records of completion to download and save them prior to then. Management Services will maintain an archive of all training records that is available upon request.
Our campus developed a series of mandatory trainings in response to annual compliance mandates and assigned to employees based on their role and responsibility on campus.
Future training modules will include multiple choice post-quizzes. Successful completion of the quiz will allow employees to print a certificate of completion for their records.
Our records will be automatically updated once the module is successfully concluded.
Frequently Asked Questions About Compliance Training
What is this all about?
Training will help us keep ourselves and our students safe and effective, and in compliance with various laws. These laws include:
- Title IX (enforced by the US Department of Education)
- Title VII (enforced by the US Department of Labor)
- Right to Know (enforced by US OSHA)
- Clery Act (enforced by US Department of Education)
- Internal Control Act (NYS requirement)
- Various NY State laws and SUNY policies
So, the training is useful to the college and its programs — and we must do it. This on-line program makes it easy for employees to complete the training without having to attend a formal training meeting. You won’t have to do all of these all at once! They’ll be phased in; see schedule below.
- Why me?
- How long will this take?
- Can I do this on work time?
- What if I don’t have a computer at my work place?
- If I have had training on these same topics at my other job, can I get credit for that or do I still have to take this training?
- What topics are covered in the trainings?
Additional Compliance Training
Although not mandated, the following training materials are a helpful resource to assist you with successfully caring out your responsibilities.