Professor of Public Relations & Chair
I bring two decades of industry experience to SUNY Plattsburgh, including over 11 years with International Paper covering crisis communication, labor strikes and contract negotiation, employee relations, community partnerships, and environmental public affairs and lobbying. Prior to that, I worked for a Chamber of Commerce focusing on economic development, regional branding/tourism and large-scale events. I was also co-owner and marketing director of a small manufacturing operation for 20 years, helping develop new businesses, industry lobbying, launched a successful division, handled human resources including OSHA and NLRB, and led a branding effort with a new web presence.
As a mental health counselor I worked as a crisis clinician in a hospital emergency department where the concept for Shine On! was created 14 years ago. With the help of SUNY Plattsburgh women, Shine On! aims to increase resiliency in young girls by teaching about media literacy and marketing, communication skills and character development.
- M.A. in Public Relations, The S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communication at Syracuse University
- M.S. in Student Affairs and Mental Health Counseling, SUNY Plattsburgh
- B.A. in Communications Studies, SUNY Plattsburgh
- Completed initial coursework for an M.B.A. at the University of Tennessee
- Teaching Areas & Professional Expertise
- Selected Publications
- Conference Presentations
- Awards, Honors & Grants