YuJa — SUNY Plattsburgh’s Enterprise Video Platform
A cloud-based tool available to all campus users.
- YuJa enables the campus community to create, upload, and share videos and other media and to auto-caption videos for accessibility.
- YuJa includes an online easy-to-use video editor and a mobile app.
- Faculty and staff can use this platform as a stand-alone tool or within a Brightspace course site.
YuJa provides capabilities that enhance collaboration, content management and accessibility. Among the top benefits:
Comprehensive Video Solution — YuJa provides video capture, live streaming, and content management (video storage), allowing for a YouTube-like experience in handling all your video-related activities.
Personal Media Library — Users have access to personal media folders, including a dedicated “My Media” section, ensuring easy organization and retrieval of your content. And, you can create hierarchical sub folders as needed.
Seamless Integration with Zoom — YuJa is fully integrated with Zoom. All Zoom recordings are sent directly to the “My Zoom Recordings” folder in your YuJa media library. No action is required on your part.
- If you’re currently using Zoom to record videos, you can continue to do that. But YuJa offers a better way to aggregate, organize, edit and share all your videos.
- Zoom recordings are no longer sent to the “Zoom Recordings” folder in Google Drive folders.
Collaboration and Accessibility — With features such as video collaboration, lecture capture, and automatic captioning, YuJa is tailored to meet the diverse needs of our campus community. Public, shared, or private “collections” akin to YouTube channels can also be created for various use-cases and used in feeds.
Videos can be shared with others, shared publicly and even embedded in web pages and courses. Just roll over the video thumbnail in your YuJa library and click “Share.” You can then select a person(s) with whom to share.
Training and Support — Our ITS Technology Enhanced Learning team offers workshops to help you make the most of YuJa. View the workshop schedule and register
Need additional help? Our ITS Helpdesk is on hand to answer your questions.