What Will I Learn?
The entrepreneurship minor provides you with the basic knowledge to start your own business. Many students in business and non-business disciplines want to eventually start their own business in their field after a few years of experience. For example:
- An environmental science major might want to start an environmental testing lab
- An art student might want to open an art gallery or museum
- A fitness and wellness leadership student might want to own a fitness center
- An expeditionary studies major might want to have their own tour company
- A communication major might want to start their own public relations firm
- A marketing major might start an adve1tising agency or marketing research film
Combining their major with a minor in entrepreneurship will add to your credentials when developing a business plan and seeking financing for your startup.
What Majors are Compatible with the Entrepreneurship Minor?
Someone could start a business from almost any discipline or major:
- Computer science
- Environmental science
- Public relations
- Hotel, restaurant and tourism management
- Expeditionary studies
- Fitness and wellness leadership
Other Recommended Activities for Entrepreneurship Minors:
- Join the CEO Club (Collegiate Entrepreneurs’ Organization) on campus
- Participate in business plan competitions