Jump to Footer
  • We’re Here For You

    Resources for military-affiliated students.

  • VA Work Study Jobs

    Contact us for information on how to qualify for one of the many work study positions specifically reserved for military-affiliated students.

Veterans Support Services

The Veterans Support Office oversees all veterans support initiatives for the college.

GI Bill ® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website.

What We Do & How We Help

Veterans Support Services serves as the main point of contact for:

  • Academic and financial advising, including access to disability counseling, to assist military-affiliated students with completion of studies and with job search activities;
  • Military-affiliated students seeking information about available, appropriate academic counseling, financial aid counseling, and student support services at the educational institution;
  • A basic understanding of the military tuition assistance program, ED Title IV funding, education benefits offered by the VA, and familiarity with institutional services available to assist military-affiliated students.

Depending on the nature of the request, the Veterans Support Office may provide assistance directly or refer to other individuals with an ability to provide these services, both on- and off-campus.

Some examples of additional services provided by the Veterans Support Office include: providing services which foster student retention and success, providing counsel and advocacy, assisting with the inherent transitional issues of becoming and being a college student, educating faculty and staff on ways of better serving all military-affiliated students, and progressing the growth of the college as a “military-friendly” institution.

Which Students Does This Apply To?

  • Veterans
  • Active-duty military personnel
  • Reserves
  • National Guard may refer the service member to other individuals with an ability to provide these services, both on- and off-campus
  • Dependents of veterans (children and spouses)

Request for Certification of the GI Bill ®

If you are a veteran or dependent of a veteran and would like us to certify your GI Bill ®, please fill out the form located in MyPlattsburgh (Login required).

  1. Go to MyPlattsburgh.

  2. Locate “Student Services” Tab.

  3. Find “Request Certification of GI Bill ® / Veteran’s Benefits.”

  4. Complete and submit electronically.

Resources for Prospective & Current Military-Affiliated Students

Tools to help military-affiliated students acclimate to the campus, plan, understand their finances and options to help pay for college.

Start with the SUNY Plattsburgh Veteran & Military Student Transition Guide

Net Price Calculator

The Johnny Isakson and David P. Roe, M.D. Veterans Health Care and Benefits Improvement Act of 2020 requires educational institutions to make certain disclosures to students using federal military and/or VA educational benefits. To view and print a copy of an estimated personalized cost of attendance you can visit the SUNY Net Price Cost Calculator and select SUNY Plattsburgh from the dropdown. Additional financial information can be found at the NCES College Navigator site.
The SUNY Financial Aid Plan (FAP) will provide a more in-depth analysis and accurate picture of student cost once the student has filed their FAFSA, completed a SUNY application, and has been accepted by a campus.

How to Use Your GI Bill ® Benefits

Take these six steps

Back to top