Degree candidates need to file a formal Graduation Application Form using the instructions below.
If applications are received too late, you can still walk in the commencement ceremony. However, your name will not appear in the commencement booklet given out on that day.
Online Graduation Application Instructions
- Log into the MyPlattsburgh to determine whether holds exist that may prevent the submission of your graduation
- Click on the "Student Services" tab
- Click on the "My Holds" link.
- Review your account for existing holds. Graduation applications cannot be submitted electronically until all holds are resolved. If you have a hold, please contact the Registrar's Office at [email protected].
- Undergraduate students and students in combined undergraduate/graduate degree programs
click on the "Degree Works" link.
- Take a moment to review your Degree Works audit to ensure you will complete all requirements by the term you select for graduation.
- Pay close attention to the DEGREE header.
- The degree listed will be the degree awarded. Some academic programs provide an option for a B.A. or a B.S. In this case, you may submit a request to change your degree option by emailing the Registrar’s Office at [email protected].
- Students graduating in combined undergraduate/graduate programs submit separate applications.
One application for the undergraduate degree and a second application for the graduate
- As always, we encourage you to consult with your academic advisor/program coordinator regarding completion of degree requirements and your graduation plans.
Your hometown city, state, and country are printed in the commencement program. This information is selected from the mailing address you have on file with the college. If you want different hometown information listed in the program, please email the registrar’s office as soon as possible. Note: If you apply too late in the semester, your name may not appear in the commencement program.
If your address changes after you have applied for graduation, you must email the registrar’s office at [email protected] promptly to request your diploma be mailed to your new address. Diplomas are mailed six to eight weeks after degree conferral.
Final degree audits are completed generally one week after final grades are due. Please monitor your SUNY Plattsburgh email accounts for results.
The official college diploma is not presented at Commencement. Instead, a diploma cover will be handed out to all degree candidates. For more information about diplomas, please contact: