Degree candidates need to file a formal Graduation Application Form using the instructions below.
If applications are received too late, you can still walk in the commencement ceremony. However, your name may not appear in any commencement listing of graduates.
Online Graduation Application Instructions
- Log into MyPlattsburgh
- Click on the “Students” tab
- Under the "Degree Audit/Information" header, click “Graduation Application”
- Click “Complete a Graduation Application”
-- Students in Combined Undergraduate/Graduate programs should submit separate graduation applications for each degree (undergraduate first).
-- Students in a Degree program and Certificate program should submit separate graduation applications for each.
- You are encouraged to consult with your academic advisor/program coordinator regarding completion of degree requirements and your graduation plans.
Please review all information on the application for accuracy and completeness.
- Please keep in mind that diplomas are mailed six to eight weeks after degree conferral. If your address changes after you have applied for graduation, you must email the registrar’s office at [email protected] promptly to request your diploma be mailed to your new address.
- Final degree audits are completed generally one week after final grades are due. Please monitor your SUNY Plattsburgh email accounts for results.
- The official college diploma is not presented at Commencement, instead a diploma cover is provided.
- Your hometown city, state, and country are used in any program or online listing that may be produced. This information is selected from the mailing address you have on file with the college. If you want different hometown information included , please email the Registrar’s office as soon as possible.
For step-by-step assistance, please refer to the “Graduation Application Instructions” link in MyPlattsburgh.
For more information, contact: