SUNY Plattsburgh Places Well in National Rankings
SUNY Plattsburgh placed well in sets of college rankings released this fall, including national recognition for its new online accounting program.
The college ranked 19th among the best online bachelor’s in accounting degree programs as reported by TheBestSchools.org, the only SUNY institution to make the list.
In its fall rankings, TheBestSchools.org wrote, “Students receive hands-on training by completing internships at CPA firms, nonprofit organizations, and other companies including IBM. Students have access to a strong network of alumni who offer guidance and expertise.”
SUNY Plattsburgh’s online bachelor’s in accounting program is offered through the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business-accredited School of Business and Economics.
“This is the start of our second year launch of the online accounting program, and we have already ranked in the top 20,” said Dr. Rowena Ortiz-Walters, dean of the School of Business and Economics. “I see this as a great indicator of the potential this program has to serve students wanting to study accounting with flexible delivery and for the growth of the School of Business and Economics here at SUNY Plattsburgh.
“The faculty have worked very hard to create and deliver top quality online accounting courses, and I’m ecstatic that their hard work and expertise is recognized by external rankings such as thebestschools.org.
SUNY Plattsburgh has also received favorable reviews from national publications and online sources, citing quality, affordability and reputation. These include:
- News & World Report, which placed the college 87th for regional universities in the north out of 196 schools, and 22nd for top public schools out of 47 in the northern region
- Money Magazine, which ranked the college 355 out of 727 overall for best educational quality, affordability and alumni success
- The Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education College Rankings, which listed it between 501 and 600 out of 1,000
- affordablecolleges.com, which ranked the college No. 8 best in-state public university in the United States
- onlineu.org, which ranked the online nursing program 11th in affordability
- onlinedegrees.com, which ranked SUNY Plattsburgh No. 1 in its study of all New York colleges offering online degrees
- Best Value Schools, which ranked SUNY Plattsburgh 27th out of the top 50 affordable colleges in New York and 30th out of the 50 best value colleges nationally for a nursing degree
- Washington Monthly, ranking the college 220 out of 400 in the north for beset bang for the buck, and 271 out of 695 for its master’s programs
- Zippia.com, which ranked SUNY Plattsburgh No. 2 in its report of the best schools for hospitality management majors in New York
- onlinecollege.com, which ranked SUNY Plattsburgh as the 8th most affordable online college in New York
- Collegefactual.com, which ranked SUNY Plattsburgh highly in a number of areas, including 55 our of 1,779 best of the nationwide colleges, 60 out of 133 best New York colleges, and 111 our of 1,510 best value for your money nationwide; additionally, the college-ranking site ranked SUNY Plattsburgh's management information systems program 20th out of 140 such programs in the nation
- Collegechoice.net, which ranked SUNY Plattsburgh No. 48 for best economic degrees