Fall AMA Courses Offered at Plattsburgh State
PLATTSBURGH, NY __ The State University of New York College at Plattsburgh in conjunction
with the American Management Association (AMA) will present the following three courses
at Plattsburgh State this fall:
1. What Manager's Do breaks a manager's job into the components of planning, organizing, staffing, directing and controlling. This course teaches you how it all fits into your role as manager on a daily basis while gaining a sense of organization and control. Wednesdays, Sept. 15 - Oct. 13, 5:30 - 8:30 p.m., Dave Swarts
2. Delivering Knock Your Socks Off Service teaches you how to offer world-class customer service. You'll learn techniques and approaches that will inspire you to believe in the power of customer care and give you the skills and style to deliver it. Wednesdays, Oct. 20 - Nov. 17, 5:30 - 8:30 p.m., Michael Schwartz
3. Leadership Skills for Managers teaches you how to empower and motivate employees to peak performance. Learn how to project a flexible, sensitive leadership style that manages change and diversity while creating productive groups. Tuesdays, Nov. 16 - Dec. 14, 5:30 - 8:30 p.m., Laura Burns
In addition, three AMA online courses will be offered this fall:
1. Fundamentals of Human Resources equips you with the skills you need to develop a human resources plan based on your needs. Learn how to recruit, select, interview and hire more qualified employees and how to train and motivate every worker at every level.
2. Successful Negotiating prepares you to influence the outcome of negotiations. You will learn how to plan a realistic course of action, keep the process moving in the direction you want and use conversational techniques to facilitate the negotiation process.
3. Fundamentals of Marketing teaches you how to employ advanced market research techniques and design a marketing information system that will give you a competitive edge. Learn how to market and sell your products and services at a profit.
Each on-site course is only $249 and each online course is $129. Call the Center for Lifelong Learning at 518-564-2050 to register or to request a registration form. For more detailed information on the AMA program, visit www.plattsburgh.edu/academics/lifelonglearning .
-- 30 --