The mission of the fitness center is to implement, provide and facilitate quality fitness-related activities that assist in fostering an outstanding educational experience by enhancing the physical and mental well-being of its participants.
On June 15, 2021, the governor announced that all state-mandated COVID-19 health and
safety restrictions were lifted effective immediately.
What this means for the remainder of our summer and start of our fall programming:
- Pursuant to CDC guidelines, fully vaccinated individuals (i.e., students, faculty and staff) are not required to maintain social distance or wear masks, while unvaccinated individuals are responsible for continuing to wear a mask and practice social distancing in all locations.
- The campus may impose additional mask-wearing requirements and additional terms or restrictions within the instructional setting above and beyond the CDC guidance.
- As a result, the fitness center program has returned to “near normal” operational status.
The Fitness Center is located on the lower level of Memorial Hall in the center of campus.
The 5,000-square foot center houses cardiovascular equipment, resistive weight equipment and a free weight area. A separate 1,800 square foot aerobics studio is dedicated to group exercise class offerings. A 2,700 square foot group activity room is home to spinning and cardio-kickboxing classes. The climbing wall offers 1,800 square feet of varied climbing terrain. The 1,200 square foot satellite facility in Hood Hall also accommodates on-campus student members.
Individual Attention & Programs
The Fitness Center is a component of the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics and Recreation. It is managed by a full-time director, while the group exercise program is coordinated by a half-time group exercise specialist. The Fitness Center staff is comprised of student trainers, supervisors, aerobics, spinning, Zumba, yoga and cardio-kickboxing instructors. They provide individual and group instruction and are available to develop and implement safe and effective personalized programs for members of the campus community.
Hours of Operation
- Monday – Friday: 7 a.m. – 10 p.m.
- Saturday & Sunday: Noon – 5 p.m.