Open House Bus Trips for Accepted Students
The Accepted Student Bus Trips are open to accepted students only
Event details and registration will be available winter 2022
Accepted students participating in the bus trip will have the opportunity to:
- Attend on-campus social events Friday evening
- Eat dinner and breakfast in our dining facilities
- Stay overnight in the residence halls
- Take a student-guided tour of campus
- Participate in Spring Open House which includes an admissions presentation, academic breakout sessions, and an academic and student services fair with representatives across campus.
Drop Off & Pick Up Locations
Departure to Plattsburgh
A chaperoned charter bus will leave for SUNY Plattsburgh from the following locations at the following times. Students are responsible for transportation to and from the pick-up/drop-off location. Please be sure to arrange a ride.
- Long Island at 8 a.m. (Hyatt Regency, Hauppauge, N.Y.)
- New York City at 8 a.m. (33 W 42nd St., New York, N.Y.)
- Hudson Valley at 10 a.m. (UNO Pizzeria & Grill, Central Valley, N.Y.)
- Capital District at Noon (Colonie Center Mall, Albany, N.Y.) *Near Whole Foods
A chaperoned charter bus will return to the following locations at the following times:
- Capital District around 3 p.m. (Colonie Center Mall, Albany, N.Y.) *Near Whole Foods
- Hudson Valley around 5 p.m. (UNO Pizzeria & Grill, Central Valley, N.Y.)
- NYC around 6:30 p.m. (33 W 42nd St., New York, N.Y.)
- Long Island around 8 p.m. (Hyatt Regency in Hauppauge, N.Y.)
Students are responsible for transportation to and from the pick-up/drop-off location. Please be sure to arrange a ride.
Schedule of Events
Day One: Friday Time Event 2–2:30 p.m. Arrival to campus 2:30–3:45 p.m. Campus tours depart 3:45–4:30 p.m.
Opening remarks/meet your overnight student host
Linens will be provided; however, students may bring their own sleeping materials.
5–7 p.m. Dinner with overnight student host/free time 7–11 p.m. Social events with overnight student host
Note: All students participating in the bus trip will be staying with a currently enrolled student in the residence halls. Due to limited space, you will likely be sleeping on the floor. Plan to bring sleeping materials (pillow, blanket, sleeping bag, etc.) to make the stay as comfortable as possible. These items will not be provided for you during your stay.
Day Two: Saturday Time Event 8:15–9 a.m. Luggage drop-off 9–9:30 a.m. Breakfast with overnight student host 9:45 a.m.–12:30 p.m. Participate in Spring Open House (see schedule of events) 1 p.m. Lunch and depart from SUNY Plattsburgh
All attendees must submit proof of vaccination at the time of registration.