Open House Bus Trips for Accepted Students
Accepted students participating in the bus trip will have the opportunity to:
- Attend on-campus social events Friday evening
- Eat dinner and breakfast in our dining facilities
- Stay overnight in the residence halls with a currently enrolled student
- Take a student-guided tour of campus
- Participate in Spring Open House which includes an admissions presentation, academic breakout sessions, and an academic and student services fair with representatives across campus.
The bus trips are open to accepted students only. Space is limited and seats on the bus are given on a first-come, first-serve basis, so register to reserve your spot today!
Dates and Registration
Schedule of Events
Departure (to Plattsburgh)
A chaperoned charter bus will leave for SUNY Plattsburgh from the following locations at the following times. Students are responsible for transportation to and from the pick-up/drop-off location. Please be sure to arrange a ride.
- Long Islandat 8 a.m. (Hyatt Regency, Hauppauge, NY)
- New York City at 8 a.m. (42nd Street between 5th and 6th Ave, across from SUNY Optometry next to Bryant Park)
- Hudson Valleyat 10 a.m. (UNO Pizzeria & Grill, Central Valley, NY)
- Capital District at Noon (Subway, Wolf Road Shoppers Park, Colonie, NY)
|2 - 2:30 p.m.||Arrival to Campus|
|2:30 – 3:45 p.m.||Campus Tours Depart|
|3:45 - 4:30 p.m.||Opening Remarks/Meet your Overnight Student Host|
|5 - 7 p.m.||Dinner with Overnight Student Host/Free Time|
|7 - 11 p.m.||Social Events with Overnight Student Host|
Note: All students participating in the bus trip will be staying with a currently enrolled student in the residence halls. Due to limited space, you will likely be sleeping on the floor. Plan to bring sleeping materials (pillow, blanket, sleeping bag, etc.) to make the stay as comfortable as possible. These items will not be provided for you during your stay.
|8:15 - 9:00 a.m.||Luggage Drop-off|
|9 - 9:30 a.m.||Breakfast with Overnight Student Host|
|9:45 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.||Participate in Spring Open House (see schedule of events)[Link to Spring Open House schedule of events page]|
|1 p.m.||Lunch and Depart from SUNY Plattsburgh|
A chaperoned charter bus will return to the following locations at the following times:
- Capital Districtaround 3 p.m. (Subway, Wolf Road Shoppers Park, Colonie, NY)
- Hudson Valley around 5 p.m. (UNO Pizzeria & Grill, Central Valley, NY)
- NYC around 6:30 p.m. (42nd Street between 5th and 6th Ave, across from SUNY Optometry next to Bryant Park)
- Long Island around 8 p.m. (Hyatt Regency in Hauppauge, NY)
Students are responsible for transportation to and from the pick-up/drop-off location. Please be sure to arrange a ride.