Dr. Dexter Criss
Associate Professor of Chemistry: Organic Chemistry
I place an emphasis on encouraging students to take part in research projects as a part of their undergraduate career, and as a result have averaged roughly three undergraduate research advises per semester over the past five years. In recognition of my efforts, I have recently been awarded the SUNY Chancellor’s Award for Excellence in Teaching.
While not directly related to chemistry, I also act as the music director for the SUNY Plattsburgh College Gospel Choir, a diverse group of students and faculty involved in the presentation of the American experience through the performance of its musical heritage to both campus and regional community groups. My involvement with the Gospel Choir has helped us, in the chemistry program, to present a welcoming and inclusive image which has attracted a number of students to chemistry.
- Ph.D. in Wood/Organic Chemistry, Mississippi State University, May 1999
- M.S. in Organic Chemistry, Mississippi State University, August 1994
- B.S. in Chemistry ACS I (Minor Mathematics), Delta State University, May 1988
- Teaching Areas
- Professional Appointments
- Recent Publications
- Recent Research Collaborators