Institute on Québec Studies
The Institute on Québec Studies at the State University of New York College at Plattsburgh was established in February 2004.
SUNY Plattsburgh has a longstanding demonstrated commitment to educating local, regional, national and international communities on Québec studies.
The mission statement of the institute directly reflects this:
“In recognition of the increasing prominence of Québec in New York, New England and the wider North American community, the Institute on Québec Studies at SUNY College at Plattsburgh serves as the gateway institution for the promotion of Québec Studies in the United States. The institute is committed to the visible development, expansion and dissemination of Québec Studies among academic, business and government constituents.”
Special Opportunities for SUNY Plattsburgh Students
- Declare a Québec studies minor
- Study abroad in Québec and Canada as a Killam Fellow for a $5,000 per semester scholarship
Internal campus application deadline: December 15
- Enroll in Introduction to Québec Course
- Apply for a summer paid internship in Lennoxville, Québec
- SUNY Plattsburgh student internship at Bishop’s University