Online Social Work Major
Courses 100% Online, Fieldwork in person
Turn your associate’s degree — and your passion for social and economic justice — into a bachelor’s of science in social work.
Social workers are in high demand and in this fully accredited transfer completion program, online coursework and in-person field education will prepare you for generalist social work practice and for future graduate studies.
What Will I Learn?
The program learning outcomes offer training and development consistent with the Council on Social Work Education competencies and standards. Your B.S. in social work will prepare you to work with diverse populations of individuals, families and communities.
In addition to courses in generalist practice, comparative social welfare, human behavior, social welfare policy and research methods, you will learn these essential skills necessary to thrive in your practice including:
- The art of relationship building, community engagement and social action
- How to practice cultural humility, promote social inclusion and how to value diversity and difference
- Building resilience in your own life and promoting resilience in the lives of others
What is Unique About Our Program?
- Flexible, web-based learning schedule to fit your plan of study
- Dedicated field and academic advisor to help you navigate the curriculum and academic opportunities
- Supervised, hands-on fieldwork experience in diverse organizations and field practicum seminar to explore the integration of classroom and field learning
- Passionate faculty with expertise in healthcare and hospital social work; trauma, trauma-informed care and resilience; international social work; social work and the arts.
- After earning your bachelor of science in social work, be eligible to complete an M.S.W. in only one year
- Transfer the credits you’ve already earned seamlessly. We will help you every step of the way.
What Are My Career Opportunities?
Our Graduates are Changing Lives
Our alumni are currently employed by social welfare organizations, nonprofits, governmental organizations working in the area of social and behavioral health, hospitals, hospice care, public health, community-based organizations, social enterprise, and social welfare policy.
The employment of social workers is projected to grow faster than average for other professions*. With this in mind, we have taken steps to advance the social work careers for our students. On completing the B.S. in social work major online, you will meet all criteria to be accepted into M.S.W. programs.
You will be prepared for careers as therapists or counselors, medical social workers, school social workers, hospice social workers, community outreach workers, human service specialists, probation officers, behavioral management aides, substance abuse counselors, and foster care social workers.
*Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics