Transfer Student Orientation
We’ve designed our program to help you get to know your new classmates and to allow you to learn about SUNY Plattsburgh and being a member of Cardinal Country.
Register for Transfer Orientation
Online registration begins 6/1/19.
How to Register
- Log into my.plattsburgh.edu
- Click on the Admissions Tab
- Click on "Register for Orientation" link
- Confirm or change your Orientation session
- Fill out Registration Form
- Complete your registration by clicking SUBMIT
- Complete the Introduction to Academic Life at SUNY Plattsburgh beginning on June 15, 2019. Questions about this on-line resource? Email [email protected]
- Take the online Placement Exams as applicable. Questions about Placement Exams should be directed to Dr. Ed Miller at [email protected]
- Failure to complete the Introduction to Academic Life and Placement Exams prior to your Orientation session could result in not being able to register for your classes!
- Students and guests must register for a session 3 business days prior to the program start date. Students attempting to register for a program after this time may not have a course schedule ready at the start of Orientation.
Transfer Orientation Dates 2019
We will assign transfer students to sessions based on their month of birth. This is subject to change if deemed necessary.
If the session to which you are assigned does not work for you and your family, you can switch sessions based on availability when you register for your session.
No changes will be made prior to June 1, 2019 and you will have the ability to change your session when you go online to register.
We expect to assign students to sessions as follows:
|Session ID||Dates||Month of Birth|
|Transfer Session 1||Thursday, July 25 (with overnight option, Wednesday, 7/24)||January/February|
|Transfer Session 2||Friday, July 26 (with overnight option, Thursday, 7/25)||March/April|
- Check-in for students and family members for both sessions begins at 7:45 a.m. Sessions will end by 1 p.m. on that day.
- Students who would like to come the night before and stay on campus, will check in from 7 p.m.- 9 p.m.
Transfer Orientation Student Schedule
2018 Schedule is listed below. The 2019 Schedule is under development and will be posted soon.
Time Description 7:45 - 8:30 a.m.
Check- In. Location: Yokum Hall 2nd Floor Lobby
Grab & Go Breakfast. Location: Yokum Hall 2nd Floor Lobby
8:30 - 8:45 a.m.
Welcome to Cardinal Country. Join campus administrators for a welcome to SUNY Plattsburgh.
8:45 - 9:15 a.m.
Your Guide to Meal Plans, Textbooks, Cardinal Cash and More. College Auxiliary Services staff will explain what you need to know about their services.
9:15 - 9:45 a.m.
Financial Aid/Payment Info. Financial Aid staff will guide you through what you need to know about billing, loans, scholarships and more.
10 -11 a.m. Beginning a Dialogue on Diversity. This conversation will be introduction to exploring diversity within our campus community 11 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Advisement. College faculty members will be on hand to help you choose which classes to take this fall.
11:30 - 1 p.m. Course Registration
- Transfer Family Orientation Program & Schedule