Transfer Student Orientation
We’ve designed our program to help you get to know your new classmates and to allow you to learn about SUNY Plattsburgh and being a member of Cardinal Country.
Register for Transfer Orientation
Online registration is open! Once you've paid your Admissions deposit, you can register for Orientation.
How to Register
- Log into my.plattsburgh.edu
- Click on the Admissions Tab
- Click on "Register for Orientation" link
- Confirm or change your Orientation session
- Fill out Registration Form
- Complete your registration by clicking SUBMIT
- Students and guests must register for a session 3 business days prior to the program start date. Students attempting to register for a program after this time may not have a course schedule ready at the start of Orientation.
Transfer Orientation Dates 2020
We will assign transfer students to sessions based on their month of birth. This is subject to change if deemed necessary.
If the session to which you are assigned does not work for you and your family, you can switch sessions based on availability when you register for your session.
We expect to assign students to sessions as follows:
|Session ID||Dates||Month of Birth|
|Transfer Session 1||Thursday, July 23 (with overnight option, Wednesday, July 22)||January - June|
|Transfer Session 2||Friday, July 24 (with overnight option, Thursday, July 23)||July - December|
- Check-in for students and family members for both sessions begins at 7:45 a.m. Sessions will end by 1 p.m. on that day.
- Students who would like to come the night before and stay on campus, will check in from 7 p.m.- 9 p.m in Wilson Hall.
Transfer Orientation Student Schedule
The following schedule (from the summer 2019 program) is for reference only. The Summer 2020 schedule will be posted in early June 2020.
Time Description 7:45 - 8:30 a.m.
Check- In. Location: Yokum Hall, 2nd Floor Lobby
Grab & Go Breakfast. Location: Yokum Hall 2nd Floor Lobby
8:30 - 8:45 a.m.
Welcome to Cardinal Country. Join campus administrators for a welcome to SUNY Plattsburgh.
8:45 - 9:15 a.m.
Your Guide to Meal Plans, Textbooks, Cardinal Cash and More. College Auxiliary Services staff will explain what you need to know about their services.
9:15 - 9:45 a.m.
Financial Aid/Payment Info. Financial Aid staff will guide you through what you need to know about billing, loans, scholarships and more.
10 -11 a.m. What It Means To Be a Cardinal. This conversation will be an introduction to exploring community, diversity, and what it means to be a member of the Plattsburgh campus community. 11 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Advisement. College faculty members will be on hand to help you choose which classes to take this fall.
11:30 - 1 p.m. Course Registration
- Transfer Family Orientation Program & Schedule