Kiplinger's "Best College Value" Ranking Adds to National Recognitions | SUNY Plattsburgh
Kiplinger’s Personal Finance magazine has once again named SUNY Plattsburgh to its list of the nation’s best value colleges among public institutions, adding to the list of recent national recognitions.
The national ranking honors four-year schools that combine outstanding education with economic value. SUNY Plattsburgh moved up 12 spots to 86th in the 2016 rankings. The college was also ranked at number 17 on the magazine’s list of “24 Best College Values Under $30,000,” published earlier this year.
The college has been commended for its value and high quality of academics by a variety of publications in 2015, including:
- Ranked among Money Magazine’s Best Colleges.
- USA Today and College Factual “Best Colleges for the Money”: No. 124 in the nation, 21 in the Middle Atlantic Region. SUNY Plattsburgh scored well in average total degree cost.
- Affordable Colleges Online “Best Online Colleges”: No. 4 in New York State. The rankings commended the quality and breadth of Plattsburgh’s online class offerings and the faculty’s use of the Moodle system.
- Washington Monthly “Best Bang for the Buck”: No. 78 in the Northeast. Plattsburgh scored highly with a low net price and a low student loan default rate.
- BestColleges.com “Best Small Town Colleges”: No. 34 in the nation. The rankings praised Plattsburgh for its variety, location and “robust collection of internships that give students real career connections and hands-on experience.”
- Named as a premier college for veterans and military members, ranked among Victory Media’s Military Friendly Schools for 2016.
Kiplinger’s ranks colleges based on a formula that includes the admission rate, the percentage of students who return for sophomore year, the student-faculty ratio and the four-year graduation rate. Cost criteria include low sticker prices, financial aid and low average debt at graduation.