Tuition & Fees
We are student financial services (financial aid and student accounts) and we are here to help you! Call (518) 564-2072 Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. (except Thursdays, when phones open at 9 a.m.). Or, visit us on the 4th floor of the Kehoe Administration Building. Email us anytime at [email protected].
Use the categories listed below to identify the undergraduate and graduate tuition and fees you may incur each semester.
About Tuition & Fees
Some students may have additional fees not shown here, such as orientation fees, application fees, advanced placement fees and/or certain course fees. Additional points to keep in mind:
- Full-time tuition and fees is defined as registered for at least 12 credit hours per semester.
- An academic year consists of fall and spring semesters. Winter and summer terms are in addition to annual amounts shown here.
- Tuition and fee information provided below do not include financial aid. Most students at SUNY Plattsburgh receive financial aid.
- Tuition and fees may be subject to change after publication, including tuition and fee increases due to currency exchange rate fluctuations for study abroad programs.
Tuition & Fees for 2021–2022
2022–2023 costs will be updated by July 1, 2022.
Information provided below is a guide to the expenses you may incur. Refer to your student account for each term you are enrolled for your actual billed costs.
Part-Time & Non-Billed Costs
Distance Learning Tuition Rate
A student at SUNY Plattsburgh is eligible for the online non-resident tuition rate if the student satisfies the following three criteria in a term:
- Matriculated in one of our exclusively online academic programs; and
- Only enrolled in online distance learning courses in a given term; and
- Has not had an address within the borders of New York state at any point within July 1 and June 30 of a given state-operated campus fiscal year.
SUNY Plattsburgh may require the student to submit documentation that demonstrates
the student satisfies the criteria above.
A non-resident student with fully online coursework matriculated in any other academic program will be charged the standard non-resident tuition rate even if the student has not resided within the borders of New York state within the fiscal year. Students matriculated in one of our exclusively online academic programs may be eligible for a discounted online tuition rate.