Search to Commence for Director of Athletics
PLATTSBURGH, NY __ The search for a new director of athletics at the State University
of New York College at Plattsburgh will commence now that a search committee has been
Dr. John Clark, interim college president, said the committee would begin a search for a new athletic director to fill the vacancy after Peter Luguri stepped down April 1 to assume duties in his continuing role as assistant vice president for student affairs and enrollment management.
Clark said the search committee will be chaired by William Laundry, interim vice president for student affairs and enrollment management.
In addition to Laundry, the members of the search committee are:
* Leith Bardon - Associate Professor and Chair, Department of Sport and Wellness
* Cheryl Cole - Interim Athletic Director; Senior Women's Administrator/Assistant Athletic Director in Sport and Wellness; Head Coach, Women's Basketball
* Robert Emery - Head Coach, Men's Ice Hockey
* Peter Ensel - 1980 Alumnus; Associate Professor/Chair, Department of Communication; Chair, Intercollegiate Athletic Board
* Neil Fesette - President, Cardinal Booster Club; Owner, Fesette Realty
* Robert Garrow - 1953 Alumnus; Past Chair, SUNY Plattsburgh College Council; Retired School Administrator
* Michael Kass - junior secondary education major
* John Kmack - 1992 Alumnus; Vice President of Consulting Operations, Logic Technology, Inc.
* Michael Miranda - Librarian; NCAA Faculty Representative
* Al Mihalek - 1975 Alumnus; Executive Assistant to the Dean, Arts and Science; Vice President, Cardinal Booster Club
* Dena O'Connell - 2001 alumnae; Head Coach, Women's Volleyball
* Trent Trahan - 1970 Alumnus; President, Plattsburgh College Foundation; President and CEO, Champlain Telephone Company and PrimeLink
* Christopher Waterbury - Assistant Athletic Director; Head Coach, Men's Soccer
The committee will be working on the advertisements for the position of athletic director soon. Interviews for the position will occur this spring, and the announcement of a new athletic director should take place in July or mid-summer.
-- 30 --