Public Affairs Society Hosts Annual PR Day
The SUNY Plattsburgh Public Relations Student Society of America chapter presents its fifth annual PR Day Friday, March 25 from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the Alumni Conference Room, Angell College Center.
This year’s sessions focuses on public affairs and will be held throughout the day with guest speakers ranging from alumni to local politicians. They include:
• Michael Cashman, town supervisor, Town of Plattsburgh
• Jacob Avery, coordinator of student activities, Center for Student Involvement
• Jordan Bieber, 5W Public Relations
• Kathleen Garanani, White House Executive Office
• Maura Danehey, British Embassy
• Christopher Huntley, Democratic National Committee
“We are thrilled with how much this event has grown over the past five years,” said Flora Veitch, chapter president. “It’s a great networking experience for the students, and we are so fortunate to bring back so many alumni.”
PRSSA has hosted this event since 2011 in an effort to introduce students to different areas of the field. Past focuses have included fashion, sports and medical PR. PRSSA recognizes SUNY Plattsburgh for its award-winning chapter.
The event is free and open to the public.