Parking Tips for Weekend Events
PLATTSBURGH, NY (March 7, 2008) - Officials at SUNY Plattsburgh have issued parking directions and tips for those planning to attend two high-profile campus events scheduled for this weekend.
Weekend events include the second round of the 2008 NCAA Division III Tournament, taking place in Memorial Hall on Rugar Street. Tip-off is at 7 p.m. and will pit the men's basketball team against King's College. Just an hour later at 8 p.m. and directly across the street in the Hartman Theatre of the Myers Fine Arts Building, the curtain goes up on "Guys and Dolls," a musical produced in collaboration between the music and theater departments featuring a cast of 29 students and a student band.
Members of University Police will be on hand to help direct traffic and advise visitors, but those planning to attend the events this weekend should prepare ahead and follow these tips:
- Due to the large crowds expected, you may have to park a distance away from the venue. Visitors are encouraged to dress warmly and have appropriate footwear.
- Arrive early to ensure the best chance of obtaining a parking spot near the venue.
- Arrange for your party to be dropped off at the venue.
- Take public transportation to and from the event or walk if you live nearby.
- Utilize the following alternate parking lots: the lot behind Hudson Hall on corner of Broad Street and Draper Avenue; the lot adjacent to the college's service building on the corner of Rugar Street and Sanborn Avenue Extension; or the lots near Sibley Hall, off Rugar Street.