The Newest Class of Cardinals: Incoming Fall 2015 Students by the Numbers | SUNY Plattsburgh
After saying goodbye to a talented class of graduates in May, SUNY Plattsburgh welcomed more than 1,000 new students to campus with the start of the 2015-2016 academic year. As their Plattsburgh Experiences begin to unfold, here’s a deeper look at the incoming class.
By the Numbers
Most new students come from in-state. Freshmen represent regions across New York, from the North Country to New York City and Long Island, while transfer students matriculate most commonly from SUNY Adirondack, Clinton Community College, Hudson Valley Community College, North Country Community College and Suffolk County Community College.
- Out of 8,258 total freshman applicants, 994 enrolled. The acceptance rate was 49.6%.
- 327 received a Freshman Merit Award (33%).
- The mean high school average for incoming freshmen was 88.1.
- The incoming transfer class numbers 540 students out of 1,611 applicants.
- 204 new graduate students (including 77 Branch Campus students) represent 43 different undergraduate institutions.
- 49% of new graduate students attended SUNY Plattsburgh as an undergraduate.
SUNY Plattsburgh continues to be home to the highest percentage of international students among SUNY colleges. Students from across the state, country and world bring a wide variety of cultures and perspectives.
- 295 freshmen are students of color (29.6%). This number doesn’t include new international students.
- New international students number 108 and represent 36 different countries. Top countries include Vietnam, Japan, Brazil, China and India.
- 58 new students come from out-of-state. Top states include Vermont, Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Jersey and Maryland.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in phar:///var/www/staging/_resources/scripts/brei.feedmanager.ext/Filtering/FilteredObject.php on line 126