College Council to meet Monday, June 1
PLATTSBURGH, N.Y. (May 29, 2009) - The SUNY Plattsburgh College Council will hold its next regular meeting Monday, June 1. The meeting will take place at 1 p.m. in the Videoconferencing Room 416, located in Sibley Hall on the college campus.
At the meeting, the council will consider resolutions honoring this year's retirees and the following athletes:
- Mike Heymann for being named the chancellor's spring scholar-athlete for men's outdoor track and field.
- Seth Yernye for winning the 5,000 meter race at the Eastern College Athletic Conference championship.
- Members of the women's track and field team, Jacquelyn Boyea, Amy McCasland, Stefanie Braun and Jenny Schaffhouser, for receiving All-SUNYAC honors.
- Kyle Kowalowski for being named to Second Team, All-SUNYAC Conference and for being named to the ESPN The Magazine Academic All-America First Team.
- Matt O'Leary for being named Rookie of the Year in SUNYAC baseball.
- Kris Doorey for being named SUNYAC Coach of the Year in baseball.
The meeting will also feature a presentation on the college's social media efforts as well as reports by President John Ettling and College Council Chair Arnold Amell and the Student Association president's report, which will be delivered by Steven Booth, the association's executive vice president.
Updates will be given on the status of the budget, admissions, the Bright with Promise Comprehensive Capital Campaign, and city-college relations, in addition to a number of committee reports.
In compliance with New York state's Executive Order No. 3 to provide Internet access for all public meetings, the public can watch the live Webcast of the meeting. The Webcast is accessible at pointers.audiovideoweb.com/asxfiles-live/va92winlive2386.asx.
The meeting is open to the public, and all are welcome. Parking is available in the lot at the rear of the building, which is accessible via George Angell Drive off from Rugar Street.