Clinton, SUNY Plattsburgh Students Win $5,000 in Business Plan Competition
The Clinton County Business Plan Competition drew 43 students and 19 teams from SUNY Plattsburgh at its inaugural showing April 1 on the SUNY Plattsburgh campus.
The event, sponsored by the Department of Marketing and Entrepreneurship and open to all full- and part-time students in any major, saw the Red Flight and Blue Flight teams competing in two different rounds before panels of local judges. Members worked together to create business plans that were then presented to judges a la television’s “Shark Tank.” Prizes totaling $5,000 were awarded to members from each team.
Prize-winners from the Red Flight Team were:
• First Place: Christopher Minta, a junior international business major from Rosedale, N.Y.: $1,200 for “African Connection”
• Second Place: Kevin Clayton, a senior quadruple major from Manorville, N.Y.: $700 for “Mobile Form Processing”
• Third Place: Ashley Collins, a junior business administration and finance major from Manhattan,; senior Amanda Robinson, a business administration major from Ballston Lake, N.Y.; and Jaime Emma, a junior marketing major from Long Island, N.Y.: $350 for “Go-Go Deliveries”
• People’s Choice Award: Joseph Tolosky, a senior business administration major from Plattsburgh; Giscard Hector, a junior transfer student from Plattsburgh; and Caitlin O’Connor, a senior business administration major from East Greenbush, N.Y.: $250 for “Customized Coasters”
Prize-winners from the Blue Flight Team were:
• First Place: Jordan Craig, a senior marketing major from Ray Brook, N.Y.: $1,200 for “Jordan Craig Photography”
• Second Place: Molly Lundgren, a senior accounting and international business major from Highland, N.Y.; and Brandon Mitchell, a sophomore finance, economics and MIS major from Glen Cove, Long Island: $700 for “Ideayet”
• Third Place: Dan Van Patten, senior business administration major from Schenectady, N.Y.; and Keon Jahanbakhsh, a senior majoring in business administration and marketing from Plattsburgh: $350 for “Quickcover by JDK Innovations”
• People’s Choice Award: Lundgren and Mitchell: $250 for “Ideayet”
The SUNY Plattsburgh Chapter of Sigma Nu Tau Entrepreneurship Honor Society also held two raffles, the proceeds of which will be used for society projects and expenses. The competition was sponsored by Symquest and The Development Corporation.