Housing & Campus Life COVID-19 Information
Updated Tuesday, January 19, 2021
I will wear a mask, practice social distancing, wash my hands, avoid large social gatherings/parties, stay home when sick and inform the Health Center.
As the Spring 2021 semester nears, we know many students feel uncertain and anxious about the impact of COVID-19. Know that SUNY Plattsburgh is working hard to re-open the campus while providing you with reassurance that the college is placing your safety first.
Answers to commonly asked questions surrounding SUNY Plattsburgh’s Housing and Campus Life COVID-19 response will be added to this page regularly as new information becomes available. For additional campus news and updates, and COVID-19 information, please visit the college’s main COVID-19 page.
Requirements for Returning to Campus
- Beginning two weeks (14 days) before you return to campus, you must complete the campus’ daily Health Screening form each day.
- Beginning seven (7) days before you return to campus, you are asked to limit your exposure to others. SUNY is directing students to submit an electronic attestation form that they have done so. The form will be online on the College's COVID-19 Health Screening Form page.
- As you return to campus, you must do or have done one of the following:
- Present evidence of a negative PCR COVID-19 test taken within three (3) days prior to return, or
- Participate in on-campus COVID-19 testing as soon as possible but no later than five (5) days of returning to campus and have a negative test result prior to attending face-to-face classes, or
- Present documentation of a positive diagnostic result for COVID-19 from the prior three-month period.
Documentation for students residing on campus should be sent to the housing office, [email protected]. Documentation for students residing off campus should be sent to the Student Health and Counseling Center, [email protected].
On-campus pooled surveillance testing for COVID-19 will be conducted Monday, Feb. 8 through Thursday, Feb. 11 for those needing to fulfill the testing requirement.
If you are unable to meet these requirements, you must quarantine for (10) days (or possibly less with test-out option). See Quarantine section below.
Arrival & Move-In Processes
- How will the staggered move-in for on-campus students work?
- Finding Your Building & Where to Park
- Step-by-Step Move-In Process
- COVID-19 Processes & Procedures in Place for the Move-In Process
- Will I be able to retrieve my things from storage when I arrive?
- Picking Up Items Shipped to your Campus Address
- Testing Information for Opening Week
- Opening Week Information
- Getting your College ID and/or Parking Hang Tag
On-Campus Housing Information
- How to Find Your Spring On-Campus Housing Assignment
- When will I move into my residence hall?
- Your Mailing Address
- What is being done to address my health and safety while living on campus?
- What will happen if someone who lives on campus tests positive for COVID-19?
- What rules and/or policies will exist on-campus related to COVID-19?