Student Affairs & Higher Education Master’s
The student affairs and higher education master’s program prepares your for settings such as student services, residence life, academic advisement, student activities, international student services, study abroad and higher education administration. The curriculum is based on the American College Personnel Association (ACPA)/Student Affairs Administrators in Higher Education (NASPA) professional competencies.
What Will I Learn?
This program teaches you a combination of theoretical and skill-based approaches to serving students.
What is Unique About Our Program?
- Can be pursued on a full-time or part-time basis up to the point of internship
- Focuses on preparing you to have the commitment, knowledge, skills, attitudes, values and self-awareness to offer quality student affairs services
- Work at a professional site and with clients and students through our specialized
- Internships are available in a variety of settings specially chosen to match your degree program
- Gain relevant work experience while completing your degree requirements
- Learn in a supervised setting
What Are My Career Opportunities?
The student affairs and higher education counseling degree allows you to work effectively in a variety of higher education settings such as:
- Student services
- Residential life
- Academic advisement
- International student services
- Study abroad
- Student activities
- Judicial affairs
- Higher education administration