Professional Science Master’s in Environmental Science
The professional science master’s program prepares you for work in a broad range of environmental and science-based fields.
What Will I Learn?
- You will be prepared for work involved in active science — outside academia
- Combines technical competencies with workforce skills, e.g. management, policy, communications, law — “Science Plus!”
- Leads to a wider variety of career options than provided by traditional graduate programs — jobs in business, government, non-profit sectors
The degree requires 30 credits, including a required internship experience. The degree includes nine credit hours in leadership skills and 15 credits in science coursework, as well as a six-credit applied internship with a program partner.
Internship partners include the New York Department of Environmental Conservation, the Adirondack Park Agency, and regional private industry.
What is Unique About Our Program?
The PSM is designed for students who are:
- Seeking career advancement in government, industry, and technology
- Looking to gain a competitive edge in the job market
- Re-entering the workforce looking to refine professional and technical skills
- Seeking career growth
What Are My Career Opportunities?
What careers could be in your future? Gradates of our program are pursuing a variety of professional careers including the following:
- Managerial or other professional level positions
- Emerging areas of science and scientific discovery
- Non-academic sectors
- Interdisciplinary careers
- Team oriented environments