First-Year Freshman Orientation
We’ve designed our program to help you get to know your new classmates and to allow you to learn about SUNY Plattsburgh and being a member of Cardinal Country.
Register for First-Year Freshman Orientation
Online Registration Begins 6/1/19.
How to Register
- Log into my.plattsburgh.edu
- Click on the Admissions Tab
- Click on "Register for Orientation" link
- Confirm or change your Orientation session
- Fill out Registration Form
- Complete your registration by clicking SUBMIT
- Complete the Introduction to Academic Life at SUNY Plattsburgh beginning on June 15, 2019. Questions about this on-line resource? Email [email protected]
- Take the online Placement Exams as applicable. Questions about Placement Exams should be directed to Dr. Ed Miller at [email protected]
Failure to complete the Introduction to Academic Life and Placement Exams prior to your Orientation session could result in not being able to register for your classes!
Students and guests must register for a session 3 business days prior to the program start date. Students attempting to register for a program after this time may not have a course schedule ready at the start of Orientation.
2019 Freshman Orientation Dates
We will assign freshman students to sessions based on their month of birth. This is subject to change if deemed necessary.
If the session to which you are assigned does not work for you and your family, you can switch sessions based on availability when you register for your session. Online registration for Orientation begins June 1, 2019.
No changes will be made prior to June 1, 2018 and you will have the ability to change your session when you go online to register.
We expect to assign students to sessions as follows:
|Session ID||Dates||Month of Birth|
|Session 1||Thursday, July 11 – Friday, July 12||January/February|
|Session 2||Sunday, July 14 – Monday, July 15||March/April|
|Session 3||Tuesday, July 16 – Wednesday, July 17||May/June|
|Session 4||Thursday, July 18 – Friday, July 19||July/August|
|Session 5||Sunday, July 21 – Monday, July 22||September/October|
|Session 6||Tuesday, July 23 – Wednesday, July 24||November/December|
Check-in for students and family members begins at 2-4 p.m. the day your session starts. Sessions will end by 2 p.m. on the following day.
- EOP Students will attend the EOP Summer Institute.
- International Students: your mandatory orientation begins the week before classes begin.