Academic Affairs COVID-19 Information
Throughout the COVID-19 outbreak, SUNY Plattsburgh remains committed to supporting student success with high quality curriculum and excellence in teaching. The highest priority is placed on a flexible, engaging approach to course delivery that protects the health and safety of students, faculty and staff.
In accordance with the Fall 2020 Restart Plan, courses will be delivered using a combination of modalities. Beginning in July 2020, the mode of instruction was changed for some courses to support a safe campus reopening.
Information about how courses are to be taught is visible both in the course registration system (Banner) and in the student schedule view on the MyPlattsburgh portal. Course numbers and sections will not change — ENG101A will still be ENG101A, even if the course will be offered online. Changes will primarily be seen in the location code with WEB indicating the course or a portion of the course is online. Each type of instruction is listed separately, so student must pay attention to multiple lines that may appear with each course.
A sample view is included below. The following bullet points explain how to read such a view:
- Face-to-face courses have a location indicating a building and will either have a campus of “Main” for the Plattsburgh campus or “Branch” for the Queensbury branch campus.
- Face-to-face and web “hybrid” courses will include both in-person classes and online coursework. The class may be broken up into smaller groups that will attend on alternate days. There will be a line with a time and classroom location as well as a separate line with the location of WEB in the course listing.
- Online Zoom courses will have days and times listed with a location of ZOOM. If a day and time is listed, students must log into Zoom at the designated day and time to participate, accessed through Moodle.
- Online courses that do not have days and times listed are fully online; there are assignments and activities scheduled week-by-week that students must complete by certain deadlines, accessed through Moodle.
Class locations will be shifted, so students should re-check their schedules closer to the start of classes.
Here is a sample portal listing (note: the courses are not accurate with the fall schedule):
- ANT102A — Face-to-face course on the Plattsburgh campus
- CAS111WB1 — Fully online web course that was originally scheduled for online
- ENG195A — Hybrid course; students will attend during some portion of the scheduled time according to information provided by the faculty and will complete some coursework online
- ITA111A — Online remote course; students must attend scheduled virtual classes on Zoom
- MGM315A — Face-to-face course on the Queensbury branch campus