Spring 2021 First-Year Scholarships for NYS Residents
If you will be a New York state (NYS) high school graduate and a first-year applicant for Spring 2021, you may be eligible for a $3,500 scholarship — and, if you keep your grades up, your discount can last for up to eight semesters of consecutive study.
- Graduate from a high school within New York state.
- Must be a U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident, or other eligible non-citizen who pays the in-state tuition rate.
- Graduate from high school in June 2020.
- Awarded to students with a high school average of 85 or higher.
- Be accepted for admission to SUNY Plattsburgh for the Spring 2021 semester.
- Pay a $250 deposit before beginning your first year.
- Attend full time beginning in January 2021, taking 12 or more credits.
- Live on campus or commute from home.
- The scholarship of $3,500 per year is deducted from non-tuition educational costs.
- Applicants to our nursing program are not eligible for first-year scholarships.
- Transfer students are evaluated for first-year scholarship levels under the following circumstances: a) earned between 1 and 23 credits of post-secondary course work; b) maintained a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher in all post-secondary coursework; and c) meet the first-year scholarship criteria. Students who do not satisfy all three criteria are considered for transfer scholarships.
Other notes: For eligible students — don’t forget to complete your FAFSA, TAP and Excelsior applications to be considered for other available aid programs. Students who need to withdraw may maintain eligibility under certain circumstances.