Cardinal Transfer Grant
If you transfer directly to SUNY Plattsburgh from an eligible institution, you could receive a Cardinal Transfer Grant.
The Cardinal Transfer Grant is applicable through spring 2022. Scholarships and grants for fall 2022 will be announced in early 2022.
- Transfer to SUNY Plattsburgh from one of the following community colleges with 57 or more credits: Dutchess, Hudson Valley, Nassau, Orange, Rockland, Suffolk or Westchester.
- Most recent college attended must be one of the seven qualifying community colleges listed above.
- Must be a first-time SUNY Plattsburgh student.
- Must be a U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident, or other eligible non-citizen who pays the in-state tuition rate.
- Must have a cumulative GPA of at least a 2.5 on a 4.0 scale based on coursework taken at all previously attended colleges.
- Pay a $250 admissions deposit to enroll as a transfer student.
- Attend full-time at SUNY Plattsburgh’s main campus beginning in August 2021, taking 12 or more credits.
- The grant of $2,000 is deducted from non-tuition educational costs during the first year only. That's $1,000 per semester. The grant will not be renewed in future years.
Other notes: Students who transfer with between 1 and 23 credits of post-secondary coursework are evaluated for first-year scholarship levels before being considered for transfer scholarship levels. Students who need to withdraw may maintain eligibility under certain circumstances.