Fitness Center News and Events
Sign up at the front desk or call ext. 3143 for Orientation, Personal Training, Fitness Assessment and Equipment Reservation.
Free Trial Period
- Monday, Jan. 13 - Saturday, Jan. 25
- Saturday, Jan. 25: 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Sunday, Jan. 26: 4 p.m. - 9 p.m.
Winter Break Schedule
- Hood Hall Fitness Center and Climbing Wall are Closed Finals Week through Winter Break.
- Winter Break Hours 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 and 4–7 p.m. start Monday, Dec. 16.
- Saturday hours are 9 a.m.–1 p.m. except for graduation and holiday periods.
- Limited Group Activity Classes offered at Noon Monday–Thursday.
- Spring Session Official start date for new members is Jan. 2.
- Monday, Jan. 20 closed for Martin Luther King Jr. day.
New Mandatory Rec Fee
SUNY has approved a new mandatory Rec (Recreation) Fee for eligible students. The fee is $85 per semester ($170 academic year) and will appear on the SUNY Plattsburgh tuition bill. Faculty/Staff and Alumni rates remain unchanged.
Requests for an exemption from this fee must meet certain criteria.
Faculty and Staff may register for membership online. See the “Sign up for Membership” page for details. Faculty and Staff can register for membership through My Plattsburgh.
Details on all of our programming is available. Call 518-564-3143 or 518-564-3142 for more information or review our website. Our staff of Certified Trainers and Group Exercise /Instructors are here to help you get the most out of your fitness experience.